First Time Home Buyers Guide
Thinking of buying? First things first: Contact an Accredited Buyer’s Specialist REALTOR®
The R & D Group can help you through the entire process of buying a home. We can also suggest mortgage lenders and other experts to help you through this complex time. Corey and Willo are both Accredited Buyer’s Specialists with in depth market knowledge and many years’ experience. Did you know that in most cases, the fee for a buyer’s agent comes at no cost to the buyer?
Get Pre-approved for a loan
Perhaps you have a relationship with your personal bank and will want to talk with them. A Mortgage Broker, paid for by the lender and coming at no cost to you the buyer, has access to many lenders and will work to find you the best possible rates and terms to fit your individual needs. We have a short list of very professional brokers we can recommend.
Determine your necessities, price range and areas of interest
The R & D Group agents have lived and worked in Eastside Vancouver for over 25 years. They know the in’s and out’s of each neighborhood and can help you consider what will serve you and your family best. Which features would you be willing to give up if you find the otherwise-perfect home?
Begin testing the market, then get serious
On www.ruthanddavid.com you can find listings that meet your criteria as well as neighborhood data. See what’s available in your price range and explore neighborhoods with our team. We can set up automatic emails to notify you of new houses listings in East Vancouver within your criteria and always keep an eye out for matches. Identify properties that seem to be fits for you, take an afternoon and go on a driving tour. Take notes at each home you visit. Narrow down your choices, see them at different times of the day.
Making an offer
We will be familiar with market values and will help you arrive at a price that gives your offer the best chance of being accepted. Have backup homes in mind. Be prepared to negotiate through your agent with the sellers.
Once Your Offer Is Accepted, we work towards removing the subject conditions of the offer.
- We recommend that you obtain an inspection report on the home done by an accredited home inspector
- Finalize any financing details with your lender
- Review documents pertaining to the property (ie: Title Search, Property Disclosure Statement, Tenancy Agreements, Strata Reports) for any information that may affect the use or value of the property.
- If we are able to remove all conditions to the offer, usually 5-7 days after it is made, we proceed to the next steps and begin preparing for completion.
Some Helpful Links For First Time Buyers
- Buying a Home in British Columbia
- Canadian Home Buyers’ Plan
- Consider the Seller
- First Time Home Buyers’ Program
- Home Buyer’s Completion Checklist
- Property Transfer Tax Calculator
- Renovation Ideas
- Tips for Buyers