Electric Vehicle Stratas in Vancouver Part 3
Making Some Progress
In tracking Metro Vancouver’s Electric Vehicle Registry, I am happy to report there has been a recent boost in new registrants. With the addition of new condo and townhouse strata buildings and widespread higher density zoning along our main transit nodes, we will inevitably see more and more charging options. Vision Vancouver has a progressive Go-Green mandate for our city and they have updated the building code bylaws to state the following:
- Parking stalls – 20% of the parking stalls in every building must include a receptacle for charging cars.
- Electrical room – The electrical room must include enough space to install any equipment necessary to provide charging for all residents in the future.
So it’s fantastic to see that all new developments have charge-ability, but I am also noticing some of the older buildings around East Vancouver we sell in are boldly passing bylaws for the addition of common electric vehicle charging stations. All it takes is one person on council to put forth a resolution for the addition of a common charger, or the addition of bylaws surrounding owners installing their own.
THE UPDATED METRO VANCOUVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE STRATA REGISTRY
- Legacy @ 6333 Larkin Drive – 2 common chargers in visitor parking
- Laureates @ 5628 Birney Ave – 4 exclusive chargers in owners stalls
- Kydd House @ 2496 West 8th Ave – 1 exclusive charger
- Tropez @ 2263 Redbud Lane – 4 exclusive chargers
- Mont Charles @ 1777 13th Ave West – 1 common charger in visitor parking
- Laurier House @ 4750 Arbutus Street – 2 common chargers in visitor parking & 2 exclusive chargers in specific owner’s stalls
- Marguerite House @ 4685 Valley Drive – 2 common chargers in visitor parking
- Omega City Homes @ 638 west 7th ave – 1 exclusive charger
- Hardwood Court @ 1285 Harwood Street – 3 exclusive chargers
- Modern @ 1009 Harwood Street – 10 exclusive chargers
- 1335 Howe @ 1335 Howe St – 44 exclusive chargers
- The Oscar @1295 Richards St – 1 common charger in visitor parking
- Pacific Point 2 @ 1323 Homer Street – 2 common chargers in visitor parking
- The Arc @ 89 Nelson – 500 exclusive chargers…wow!
- One Pacific @ 69 Smithe Street – 20 exclusive chargers
- Yaletown 939 @ 939 Beatty Street – 3 common chargers in visitor parking
- Cosmo @161 West Georgia St – 100 exclusive chargers
- 188 Keefer @ 188 Keefer – 1 exclusive charger
- Creekside @ 125 Milross Avenue – 1 exclusive charger
- The National @1128 Quebec Street – 2 common chargers
- Vida @1661 Quebec Street – 30 exclusive chargers
LIST OF STRATAS THAT WILL DO IT
You want some help finding a strata that will do this for you – call me!
WILLO JACKSON – ACCREDITED BUYER’S SPECIALIST – 7785549557 – [email protected]